Google has unveiled the eighth batch of its ‘Google for Startups’ India startup accelerator program, featuring 20 dynamic AI-first startups. Google has selected 20 AI-first startups in the seed to Series A stage for the eighth batch of its startup accelerator in India, the company said on December 8 in a blog post.
The selected startups are at the forefront of AI innovation in India, addressing challenges ranging from antibody discovery and identity fraud detection to aiding small and medium businesses, reducing developers’ repetitive work, and creating AI solutions for systemic challenges.
Google expressed its mission to facilitate the development and scaling of responsible and human-centered AI solutions that positively impact various industries and transform lives. The three-month equity-free accelerator program offers mentorship and support across key areas such as artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML), cloud, user experience (UX), Android, web, product strategy, and growth.
Participating startups benefit from mentorship and support tailored to their needs. The accelerator program covers workshops on product design, customer acquisition, leadership, and more. The current batch commenced with a week-long in-person boot camp, incorporating intensive training workshops and mentorship support across various aspects of startup development.
Here are the 20 startups selected by Google under the Program:
- Beatoven.ai – AI-powered royalty-free background music creation platform for content creators. It has raised $1 million in seed funding from Redstart Labs and UK-based Entrepreneur First.
- DhiWise – An AI-powered DevTool that enables developers to deliver production-ready source code for Web and Mobile apps 10x faster for all kinds of apps. It raised $7 million in Series A funding from Accel, Together Fund, and India Quotient.
- Endimension – End-to-end AI platform for radiology diagnosis. It has raised Rs 2.3 crore in seed funding from Inflection Point Ventures.
- FilterPixel – AI software that saves hours by automatically selecting the best photos from thousands of photos & then editing them automatically as per the style of the photographer.
- GalaxEye Space – Building next-generation imaging satellites using multiple sensors and Generative AI for night/cloud-proof imaging. It secured $3.5 million in initial funding from Speciale Invest and a group of investors, including Nithin Kamath, the founder of Zerodha, and Prashant Pitti, CEO of EaseMyTrip.
- Gan.ai – A video personalization platform that leverages Generative AI to create personalized videos at scale from a single recording. It raised $5.25 million from PeakXV’s Surge, Emergent Ventures and several angel investors.
- Goodmeetings – A Generative AI-driven video sales platform that helps salespeople sell 10X better on video. It has raised $1.7 million in funding from Chiratae Ventures, FortyTwo.VC, First Check, Adept Ventures, 100X Entrepreneurs, and Atrium Angels along with several angel investors.
- immunitoAI – A TechBio company developing AI-generated novel antibody therapeutics with pre-defined drug properties. It has raised $1 million from Pi Ventures and Entrepreneur First.
- Kalam – A personalized mentorship and discipline-facilitating learning ecosystem using AI, addressing the challenges of affordability and accessibility to quality education in India.
- Keploy – Open-source TestGPT toolkit for automating integration testing, converting network calls to test cases and data mocks for APIs, and enabling production incident replays.
- Mugafi – Reshaping entertainment through Ved, an AI copilot that empowers storytellers to effortlessly create captivating novels or scripts, transcending traditional storytelling boundaries.
- NeuroPixel.AI – A deep tech startup working in the intersection of Generative AI and Computer Vision, primarily focused on fashion e-commerce. It has raised a total funding of about Rs 9 crore from Flipkart, Inflection Point Ventures, Entrepreneur First, and Dexter Angels among others.
- Onward Assist – Helps improve cancer outcomes by assisting the cancer biopsy reporting process through an AI-based solution that assists cancer pathologists with accurate scoring, tumor detection and workflow software.
- Pepper Content – A content marketing platform that helps companies scale content marketing through expert talent and Generative AI. It garnered $14.3 million in Series A funding, with participation from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, Tanglin Venture Partners, Lightspeed, and Titan Capital, among others.
- Prescinto – AI-powered SaaS platform that regularly collects renewable energy plant (solar, wind, storage) data, applies ML/AI models to this data to identify causes for underperformance and suggests work orders to increase electricity generation from these renewable plants. It has raised a total of $12.7 million in funding from Venture Catalysts, Inflection Point Ventures, Mumbai Angels and LetsVenture among others.
- Presentations.AI – An AI-powered platform that lets everyone effortlessly create stunning presentations faster than ever before.
- SpoofSense.ai – Helps businesses detect identity fraud using computer vision. It has raised $150,000 from JITO Angel Network with other angel investors.
- Wright Research – Revolutionizes investment in India with AI-driven, personalized quantitative strategies, delivering exceptional performance and risk management through a user-friendly, transparent digital platform. It has raised $1 million in seed funding from Orios Venture Partners.
- Zocket – AI-powered SaaS platform for SMBs to grow their businesses with high-performing digital ads. It has raised $3 million from Kalaari Capital and Kettleborough Venture Capital among others.
- ZuAI – AI self-study buddy for students. It has raised Rs 4 crore in seed funding from Prime Venture Partners.
As Google continues to foster innovation and growth in the Indian startup ecosystem, the eighth batch of its accelerator program stands as a testament to the vibrancy of AI-first startups in the country. The selected startups, representing a spectrum of industries, showcase the transformative potential of artificial intelligence in addressing real-world challenges. The accelerator program is poised to provide invaluable support, mentorship, and resources, empowering these startups to make a lasting impact on their respective industries and beyond.